myDaVita.com: The Online Kidney Care Resource
Discover a new way to manage your kidney health online
From gauging your progress over time with the DaVita Health Portal™ to tracking a kidney-friendly diet, myDaVita.com is a personalized resource to help you live your best life.
What is myDaVita.com?
myDaVita.com provides a personalized experience, linking to a collection of tools and information to help you understand and manage all aspects of your kidney care. It’s easy to get started—simply create your no-cost account and start taking advantage of all the features the site has to offer:
- Customized homepage and profile page: Experience content and resources that have been selected just for you.
- People Finder: Simply search for members who share your connection to kidney disease.
- Messages: Easily send a note to your myDaVita friends.
- Forums: Add your voice to the conversation, whether you're at home or on the go.
- DaVita Diet Helper™ and DaVita Health Portal: Track your diet and manage your dialysis care faster, no matter where you are.
What is the DaVita Health Portal™?
The DaVita Health Portal is a portion of myDaVita.com that’s available exclusively to DaVita dialysis patients. You can elect to gain access to the DaVita Health Portal as part of your registration for myDaVita.com.
Online access to graphs of lab results, health records, vaccinations and more allows you to take control of your health in a whole new way. Plus, you can easily print or share results with family, caregivers and physicians. DaVita peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients can also access and print monthly PD flow sheets.
What if I already have a myDaVita.com account?
That’s great! If you were already active on the previous myDaVita.com page and discussion forums, all of your information and posts will be carried over to this new experience. You’ll want to be sure to take advantage of all the new features, like the dynamic profile page, that you didn’t have before.
How protected is my personal information on myDaVita.com and the DaVita Health Portal?
DaVita is committed to maintaining the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We use procedural, physical and electronic security methods designed to prevent people who aren’t authorized from getting access to your information. Below is an overview of how DaVita protects your information:
- Web browser encryption
- User name and password protection
- Login security questions
- A time-out feature
- Continuous site monitoring
- Access restrictions to your membership data and account
- Maintenance for secure firewalls, or integrated security systems, that protect computer networks and updates to security technology.
Here are some ways you can protect your personal information:
- Update your software to fight against online viruses. Contact the software vendor directly to access any available updates.
- Install antivirus/anti-spyware software to protect your computer and detect and remove viruses
- Install software for spam filtering and spam blocking
- Do not open email from email addresses you don’t recognize, because this could be spam. If you do open it and believe it’s suspicious, do not reply to, click any links or open any attachments in the email. Delete the email.
- If you receive an email that looks like it’s from the DaVita Health Portal asking you to provide your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information, delete the email. We will not request those items through email.
When creating a password, do the following to protect it:
- Memorize it; do not save it to your computer
- Do not share your password with anyone
- Use combinations of letters, numbers and symbols (such as *, #, $, etc.)
- Do not use your social security number or date of birth in your password
- Use caution when using a public computer (whether it’s from your work or at a library, café, school, etc.), because they may be monitored over an open network
- When finished using the DaVita Health Portal, completely log off and close the Web browser.
Start building your support network now
With myDaVita.com, you are not alone. It’s easier than ever to connect with dialysis patients, caregivers and other members of the kidney care community. And with the new features, you can manage your health like never before. Sign in or register today.
Take a Deeper Look at Education
Boost your knowledge by understanding the symptoms, risk factors and stages of kidney disease.
Life with Kidney Disease
Find out how you can partner with your nephrologist, gain emotional support and continue to live well after a kidney disease diagnosis.
From kidney disease basics to treatment options and patient stories, watch videos that will help you learn more about kidney disease.