Learn more and get your questions answered in a no-cost kidney education class.
As the weather begins to warm up, now is the perfect time to give your kitchen—and your diet—a kidney-friendly makeover. The first step is to take inventory of what you have. After that, follow these steps:
1. Check expiration dates and throw away anything that has expired.
2. Donate anything that’s still safe for those not following a kidney diet and isn’t expired to your local food bank. Find one near you by visiting FeedingAmerica.org.
3. Replace high-sodium versions of foods, such as broths, condiments and dressings, with lower sodium ones.
4. Fill up your produce bowl with seasonal fruits and veggies.
5. Swap unhealthy fats, such as shortening, for healthy fats, such as olive oil.
6. Remove any store-bought sauces and gravies with ingredients you don’t recognize.
For more kidney-friendly diet tips and delicious recipes, download a free Today's Kidney Diet cookbook.
Get a free recipe collection from the DaVita kitchen.Get the Cookbooks
405,847 Enjoyed So Far!
Register for a no-cost, 90-minute training session taught by a certified instructor in your neighborhood.Find a Class Near Me
Call 1-800-424-6589 now to talk to one of our placement specialists.
Learn which DaVita service may best fit your lifestyle.Explore Options