For more than a decade, DaVita has achieved outcomes that are the best or among the best in virtually every category when compared to national averages in the U.S.1
DaVita’s Office of the Chief Medical Officer also maintains a two-way dialogue with the physicians and clinical caregivers who make these results a reality. DaVita’s aim is to improve patients’ length and quality of life through continuous care innovation.
In Portugal, DaVita measures our clinical outcomes according to the local standards set by the, European Renal Best Practice’s official guideline and acknowledged by Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes. In addition, the DaVita Quality Index is a powerful tool that DaVita care teams use to improve the lives of patients. You can visit the European Renal Best Practices website or the Kidney Disease Improving Global Outcomes website for more information.
DaVita in Portugal also holds monthly telephone conferences with DaVita’s EMEA team to evaluate quality indicators in all Portuguese dialysis centers.
1. [Allen R. Nissenson, Mahesh Krishnan, Rebecca Griggs, "Achieving the Triple Aims of Healthcare for Patients with Kidney Disease: A Case Study of DaVita's Approach to Patients with End Stage Renal Disease," March 2013]
2. [DaVita internal clinical data, 2000-2013.]
3. [DaVita VillageHealth Internal Data]
4. [2013 ICH-CAHPS Survey; ~57,000 DaVita patient responses]
5. [2009 DaVita physician-satisfaction survey.]
Locate a center near you.Search Now
Leading the charge in clinical research, innovation and operations.Learn More
Get to know some of the world's leading nephrologists who are building DaVita's patient care programs.Meet the Team
Take the first step in understanding kidney disease and the right treatment for you.Find Treatments
We are humbled and motivated by the recognition we receive for patient care, clinical and business innovation and corporate citizenship.View Awards