Brie and Cranberry Chutney
- CKD non-dialysis
3/4 ounce Brie, 2 teaspoons chutney and 3 low-sodium crackers
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
- 30 low sodium crackers
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Wash and drain fresh cranberries.
- In a large skillet, heat water on medium for 5 minutes and add fresh cranberries. Heat for no more than 5 minutes, just until the cranberries start to burst.
- Add white and brown sugar (or Splenda).
- Add spices and stir gently.
- Remove from heat. Let chutney cool.
- Remove wheel of Brie from the wrapper. Leaving a half-inch border of rind on top of the wheel, cut out a circle and lift out rind from the center to expose the Brie inside.
- Place Brie on a baking sheet and heat in oven just until the cheese is soft to the touch and the top is slightly melted.
- Remove Brie from oven and place on a platter.
- Pour warm chutney over Brie and serve with a variety of low-sodium crackers.