Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix ground chicken, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons pizza sauce and spices in a bowl.
- Shape into 30 small meatballs, about the size of a ping-pong ball; place meatballs onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread thin layer of pizza sauce in bottom of glass baking dish. Place meatballs in glass baking dish. Pour remaining pizza sauce on top of meatballs then add shredded mozzarella.
- Place back in oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.