Corn and Cheese Balls
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups frozen yellow corn
- 1 green chili
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cilantro powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Thaw corn. Finely chop green chili and cilantro.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the cheese and thawed corn.
- Soak bread slices in water and squeeze out water so the bread becomes dry. Add this to corn and cheese mixture. Add flour, dry spices and cilantro. Mix it gently.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Using a tablespoon, form small balls from the corn and cheese mixture and drop each ball into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown.
- Remove balls from the oil and place on a tray with kitchen napkin to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with Cilantro Chutney.