- CKD non-dialysis
2 pieces lumpia
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 2 green onions
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 30 lumpia wrappers
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying
- Mince garlic. Chop white onion and green onions.
- In a large skillet brown ground pork. Remove pork and set aside, allowing to drain on paper towels.
- Coat skillet with canola oil. Add garlic and white onion and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Add the coleslaw mix, green onions and browned pork to the skillet and continue cooking. Stir to mix.
- Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder and reduced-sodium soy sauce over mixture and stir. Remove from heat and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the filling mixture diagonally near one corner of the lumpia wrapper, leaving space at both ends. Fold the side nearest to you over the filling; fold in both sides and roll, keeping it tight. Moisten one edge of the wrapper with water to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers. Keep the rolls covered with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
- Heat a deep skillet over medium heat, and add peanut oil to 1/2" depth, and heat for 5 minutes. Carefully slide 3 to 4 lumpia into the oil. Fry for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot or wrap and reheat for later.