Onion Herb Flatbread Crackers with Peachy Dip
- CKD non-dialysis
4 crackers + 1 tablespoon dip
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves or jam
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® onion and herb seasoning blend
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 egg white
- In a small bowl combine yogurt or sour cream, peach preserves and mustard. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, Mrs. Dash seasoning and sugar.
- Make a well in the middle of dry ingredients. Add water, oil and egg white. Mix together until dough forms.
- Flour a dough board and knead dough for 3-4 minutes. Divide into 4 pieces and form each into a ball.
- On lightly floured board roll dough ball out until very thin.
- Cut into cracker rounds or strips and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Pierce with a fork to keep dough from bubbling.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes until crackers start to brown and crisp. Be careful not to overcook.
- Repeat with each dough ball to make 4 dozen crackers.
- Serve crackers with Peachy Dip.