- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 cups popcorn, popped, unsalted
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spread popcorn in a shallow pan.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and butter in a 1/2-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until a small amount dropped in cold water separates into thin threads which are hard but not brittle (280° F on the candy thermometer). Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour syrup over popcorn, stirring until well-coated. Spread on a greased baking sheet. Break into pieces.
- Allow to cool. Store in an air tight container until ready to serve.