South of the Border Meatballs
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1-1/2 cups onion
- 1-1/2 cups green peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Chop onion, green peppers and jalapeno peppers. Beat eggs.
- Combine ground beef, onion, green pepper, jalapenos, cooked rice, beaten eggs, garlic powder in a large bowl and mix together.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- Combine taco sauce and water in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add meatballs to taco sauce and lower temperature to warm.
- Serve hot or place in a covered warming dish or slow cooker on low heat setting.