- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 cup onion
- 2 large eggs
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons white all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Chop onion. Beat eggs.
- Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll into 1” balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
- To make sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Add flour, reduced-sodium broth, remaining tablespoon dried thyme and water.Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened.
- Add meatballs to sauce and lower temperature to keep warm or place in a covered warming dish or slow cooker on low heat setting.