Tomato Boat Appetizer
- CKD non-dialysis
1 tomato half
- 4 firm Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- Cut tomatoes in half and discard the flesh to make “boats.”
- Lightly drizzle inside of the tomato boats with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper,1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. In a bowl, add chickpeas, remaining olive oil, spices, juice of 1/2 lemon and vinegar. Mix together.
- Spoon chickpea mixture into the tomato cups. Garnish with a mint leaf.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.