Broccoli and Beef Stir-Fry
- CKD non-dialysis
1-1/2 cup stir-fry + 1/2 cup rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium Roma tomato
- 8 ounces lean sirloin beef, uncooked
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Chop the garlic cloves and Roma tomato. Cut beef into thin strips.
- Microwave frozen stir-fry vegetable blend on defrost setting for 3-4 minutes to thaw.
- In a fry pan or wok heat oil and sauté the garlic until fragrant. Add vegetable blend stir-fry until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In same pan add beef. Cook until beef is done to your likeness, about 7 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce by combining chicken broth, cornstarch and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add cooked vegetables, sauce and tomato to the pan with the beef. Heat and stir until sauce is thick.
- Serve dish with 1/2 cup brown rice.