Crock-Pot® BBQ Beef
- CKD non-dialysis
1/2 cup meat with sauce
- 4 pound pot roast
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup onion
- Place roast in Crock-Pot®. Add 2 cups water and slow cook roast on low setting for approximately 10 hours until thoroughly cooked and easy to pull apart.
- Drain meat reserving 1-cup liquid.
- Place cooked meat in a 9” x 13” pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine reserved liquid from meat, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and minced onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour sauce mixture over cooked meat and cover. Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Before serving, bake in a 350° F oven for 30 minutes, or until heated.