Dijon Pork Chops
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, 3/4” thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 fresh parsley springs to garnish
- Finely chop shallots and grate ginger root.
- Coat pork chops with flour.
- In a medium skillet, melt margarine or butter; add pork chops.
- Sauté over medium heat until brown on both side and fully cooked throughout (about 7 to 10 minutes per side).
- Remove chops to heated platter and keep warm.
- Pour broth and sherry into the skillet; bring to a boil, loosening brown particles from skillet.
- Add shallots and ginger root. Cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mustard, mustard seed and pepper. Spoon sauce over chops.
- Garnish with parsley sprigs.