Egg Fu Yung with Pork
- CKD non-dialysis
1/4th omelet plus 1/4 cup sauce
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1/4 cup yellow onion
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1 cup cooked pork
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Finely slice celery, yellow onion and mushrooms. Chop scallions. Dice cooked pork.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until lump-free.
- Heat the chicken broth to a simmer, then whisk the cornstarch mixture into the chicken broth. Cook, simmering until thickened.
- Take off heat, stir in sesame oil, cayenne, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika. Set aside.
- Crack eggs; whisk together with additional egg whites. Add finely sliced vegetables, bean sprouts and pork.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a wok or large fry pan. Pour in egg mixture and cook until eggs are set and lightly browned on bottom. Flip and cook until bottom side is lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Divide into 4 portions, place on a plate and spoon egg fu yung sauce over the top. Sprinkle with scallions and enjoy.