- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup goulash + 1/2 cup noodles
- 3 medium sweet onions
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes
- 3 green bell peppers
- 2 pounds lean beef chuck
- 1 slice bacon
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- Chop onions into medium pieces. Seed and chop tomato. Slice bell peppers into 1/4" strips.
- Cut beef into approximately 1-inch cubes. Brown the beef in a large skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. When browned on the outside, remove from the pan and set aside.
- With kitchen scissors, cut the bacon in half lengthwise, then into 12 small snips for 24 pieces.
- Cook bacon in skillet for approximately 3 minutes over medium heat. Add chopped onions and 1/4 cup water. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add remaining water, beef, peppers and tomato. Simmer over lowest heat for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Serve goulash over 1/2 cup noodles