Grandpa Joe's Meatloaf
- CKD non-dialysis
1/6 slice of loaf, about 3 ounces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 ounce shredded natural cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground beef, egg,1/4 cup bread crumbs, brown sugar, 3 ounces tomato sauce, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly by hand. Separate into two equal halves.
- Smooth one half into a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat.
- Smooth the rest of the ground beef mixture on top of the cheese.
- Pour the remaining tomato sauce over the meatloaf.
- Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs over the meatloaf.
- Cover and cook in the oven for one hour, or cook uncovered in a microwave oven at 70% power for 35 minutes.