Grilled Flank Steak and Vinaigrette Vegetables
- CKD non-dialysis
3 ounces steak and 1/4th portion vegetables
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the steak with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper.
- Grill to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- While steak is cooking, sliced eggplant into four 1/2" thick rounds and quarter and seed bell peppers.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant and peppers with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Mince garlic clove and chop parsley. In a small bowl, combine the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic and parsley to make a vinaigrette sauce.
- Divide the steak and vegetables onto 4 dinner plates.
- Spoon sauce over the vegetables or serve on the side.