Grilled Pork Souvlaki
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 bell green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound pork tenderloin or boneless pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut bell peppper and onion into 2” cubes. Mince garlic cloves. Cut pork into 2” cubes.
- In a jar combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and black pepper for marinade. Secure top and shake until blended.
- Place pork cubes in a bowl; pour marinade over and marinate in the refrigerator from 45 minutes up to 4 hours.
- Thread bell pepper, pork and onion alternately on six 12” skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot coals 12 to 15 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning half way though cooking.