Idle-Not Meat and Vegetable Casserole
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cups potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 3 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Chop onion. Simmer ground beef, onion and 1/2 cup of water in a 3-quart pan until meet is crumbled and brown.
- Peel and cube potatoes and place in a large pot of room temperature water; bring to a boil. Remove from heat, drain water and add fresh room temperature water. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Add potatoes, frozen peas and remaining 2 cups of water to ground beef mixture. Continue to simmer.
- Mix 1/4 cup of beef broth with cornstarch and stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan along with remaining broth, and simmer until casserole is thick.
- Serve hot and enjoy!