Individual Meat Loaves
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/3 cup onion
- 10 soda crackers
- 1 pound ground sirloin, 10% fat
- 3/4 cup nondairy creamer
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Finely chop onion. Crush soda crackers.
- In a large bowl, combine ground sirloin, nondairy creamer, egg whites, crushed crackers, onion, salt and garlic powder.
- Divide meat into 8 portions and shape into individual loaves.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and place loaves in the dish.
- In a small bowl combine tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard.
- Spoon ketchup mixture over each loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes.