Kotlet (Meat & Potato Patties)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 small potatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 3/4 cup lettuce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Original herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 5 pieces pita bread, 6” size
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Peel and grate the potato, then soak in warm water for 2 hours to reduce potassium. Rinse, drain and squeeze excess water using a clean dish towel.
- Grate the white onion; dice the red onion and shred the lettuce.
- Mix ground beef, white onion, grated potato, egg, turmeric, garlic powder, black pepper and Mrs. Dash seasoning until well mixed.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet.
- Make 5 patties (round, the size of your palm) and fry over medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Serve each patty on a pita with lettuce, red onion and fresh basil.