Pork Chops with Cranberry Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
1 pork chop and 1/2-cup white rice
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (approximately 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup cranapple juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- Sprinkle pepper over pork chops.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook chops over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove chops from skillet and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, juice and honey until smooth.
- Add to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in cranberries, tarragon and parsley.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook 2 minutes longer or until thickened and bubbly.
- Return pork loins to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160° F.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.