Slow Cooker Apple Pork Roast
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium red onion
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3-pound pork roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Core the apples and cut into 8 wedges. Coarsely chop the red onion.
- Place the apples and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Rub the pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Place roast on top of apples and onion in slow cooker.
- Pour applesauce over roast.
- Dust with remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Cook on high heat setting for 4 hours.