Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Low Potassium Potatoes
3 ounces beef, 1/3 cup potatoes, 1/4 cup gravy or broth
- 2-1/2 pounds beef brisket, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 teaspoon dehydrated beef bouillon powder or granules
- 12 ounces light beer
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups potatoes
- Leach potatoes to reduce potassium content. To leach: peel and cut each potato into 16 bite-sized pieces, place in a very large pot and add 1 to 2 gallons tap water, set aside and soak for 2 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Place beef brisket in slow cooker. Combine all other ingredients except vegetables, and pour over brisket.
- Add onion, cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until meat is tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
- Drain potatoes and add to slow cooker. Turn heat to high and cook covered an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.