Slow Cooker Thai Pork with Rice
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup plus 1/2 cup rice
- 3-pound pork shoulder roast
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups long grain white rice, uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanut butter
- 8 green onions, sliced
- Place the pork roast, red bell peppers, garlic, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on the low setting.
- In a pot, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce to low heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and shred.
- Stir peanut butter into the mixture in the slow cooker.
- Return shredded meat to slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve over cooked rice with a sprinkling of green onion.