Stuffed Cucumber Rings
- CKD non-dialysis
1 stuffed cucumber ring (1/4 cucumber)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup water
- Peel cucumbers and cut each cucumber horizontally into 4 round pieces. Remove seeds from the middle of each cucumber round to make it hollow in the center.
- In a mixing bowl combine ground meat with egg, cornstarch, sugar, wine, garlic powder, ginger, Mrs. Dash seasonings, basil and parsley.
- Add 1/4 cup water gradually into ground meat mixture and mix well until water is absorbed.
- Stuff the cucumber round with ground meat stuffing. Place each piece in a food steamer and steam about 15 minutes until meat is done.