Tender London Broil
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/4 teaspoon unseasoned meat tenderizer*
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® herb seasoning blend
- Tenderize meat by piercing well with a fork (on both sides), or pound with a tenderizing mallet.
- Place steak in large shallow dish and carefully sprinkle with a minimal amount of meat tenderizer.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread over both sides of steak.
- Marinate 1 to 4 hours.
- Grill or broil for 3 to 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Remove from heat and let steak rest about 10 to 15 minutes
- Cut steak into thin slices at a slant against the grain.