Tenderloin with Mustard Sauce
- CKD non-dialysis
2 ounces tenderloin and 1 tablespoon sauce
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Gulden’s® spicy brown mustard (divided use)
- 2 pounds beef or pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine pepper, paprika, breadcrumbs, parsley and canola oil in a small bowl. Spread mixture on a piece of waxed paper longer than tenderloin.
- Trim the fat and skin from the tenderloin and tie with kitchen string.
- Brush the tenderloin with 1/4 cup mustard, then roll in spice mixture to coat.
- Insert meat thermometer into middle of the tenderloin and place on a roasting rack. Cook 30 to 45 minutes, until thermometer registers 145° F for beef or 160° F for pork.
- Let meat rest 10 to 15 minutes then slice into 12 portions.
- To make sauce, heat remaining 1/4 cup mustard, horseradish and brown sugar in a small pan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in sour cream. Remove from heat and serve over tenderloin.