- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 pound ground lean pork (chicken or turkey is ok if preferred over pork)
- 1 cup chopped chives (or 20 leaves napa cabbage)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or fresh minced ginger)
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- For filling: Mix meat, chives, sesame oil, ground ginger and soy sauce in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- For dough: In a separate bowl, gradually add water to the flour while mixing. Add enough water to create dough. Knead dough on floured surface until uniform and smooth.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Flatten dough and use rolling pin to create 3-1/2 to 4-inch diameter circles.
- Place approximately 1 rounded tablespoon of filling in the center of a circle.
- Bring opposite ends of the circle together. Pinch to hold in place. Create pleats on either side to seal the dumpling.
- Place completed dumpling on floured surface or plate. Either freeze or cook immediately.
- Place enough water in a pot to cover the amount of dumplings you want to make.
- Bring water to a boil and place dumplings in boiling water. Occasionally stir. Dumplings are done when edges are translucent and floating. Remove from water with a slotted ladle or spoon.
- Dip cooked dumplings in sauce and enjoy!