- CKD non-dialysis
- 6 corn taco shells
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped (divided use)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco® sauce
- 3/4 cup lettuce, shredded
- 6 tablespoons tomato, chopped
- 6 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large frying pan, brown ground beef over medium heat. Drain well, remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and cook until clear. Add garlic, cook and stir for one minute.
- Add cooked beef back into pan. Stir in chili powder, pepper, cumin and Tabasco® sauce. Remove from heat and prepare tacos.
- Add 1/4 cup meat mixture inside each taco shell. Top with 2 tablespoons lettuce, 1 tablespoon each tomato, cheese and remaining onion.