- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 six-inch piece fresh ginger, finely diced
- 2 cups water
- ice cubes
- 4 cups sparkling apple cider
- 6 cinnamon sticks, cut in half
- 12 pieces crystallized ginger
- To prepare ginger syrup, place sugar*, grater ginger and water in a medium saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour until ginger flavor is strong. Strain mixture and refrigerate to chill.
- To prepare Ginger-Apple Sparkler, place one tablespoon ginger syrup in each glass (use short tumblers).
- Fill with ice cubes, pour in 1/2-cup cider and stir to combine.
- Garnish with cinnamon stick and crystallized ginger.