Homemade Almond Milk
- CKD non-dialysis
- Place raw almonds in a jar and cover with filtered water. Cover jar and soak at room temperature for 6 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the almonds and place in a blender.
- Add 3 cups of fresh filtered water to the blender
- Blend on a low setting, gradually moving to high setting. Blend for 2 minutes, until liquid turns white and almonds are finely chopped.
- Place a cheesecloth or nut bag over a bowl. Pour the liquid through in batches to strain liquid from almond meal. Squeeze the cheesecloth or nut bag to remove the liquid. Discard the almond meal.
- Add vanilla extract and other flavorings as desired.
- Pour almond milk into a jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.