Blueberry Dream Muffins
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Rice Dream® rice beverage, original (unenriched)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking powder and sugar in mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, Rice Dream®, vegetable oil and lemon zest.
- Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture. Mix ingredients lightly until moistened; do not over mix.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter.
- Lightly spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.