- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whey protein powder
- Preheat oven to 300˚ F. Separate the eggs, setting aside the yolks for later.
- With a stand or hand mixer whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks are formed. Set aside.
- Mix the egg yolks in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Using a small amount of egg whites gently fold into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it is well mixed. Continue to add remaining egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cloud bread to cool. Remove from the pan and slice. Store in the refrigerator.