Country Soda Biscuits
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Stir baking soda into buttermilk.
- Combine flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle buttermilk over flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moistened and dough is formed.
- Knead dough on a floured surface 6 times. Roll dough out to 1/2” thickness. Using a 2” biscuit cutter, cut out 12 biscuits.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for 10 to 12 minutes, until browned.