Easy Phosphorus-Free Drop Biscuits
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Phosphorus-Free Baking Powder (Recipe in Sauces and Seasonings section of DaVita.com)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup liquid nondairy creamer
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, phosphorus-free baking powder, sugar and salt.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut the buuter into flour mixture until it resembles course crumbs.
- Add nondairy creamer, 1/4 cup at a time, and mix lightly until moistened.
- Drop batter by the tablespoon onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden on the edges, about 8 to12 minutes.
- Serve warm.