- CKD non-dialysis
5 pizza doughs
1/5th of dough for 1 pizza
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 packet active dry yeast (0.25 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon, plus 1 pinch of sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine the water, yeast and a pinch of sugar; stir gently. Let mixture sit for a few minutes to activate (it will bubble).
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, remaining 1 tablespoon sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons olive oil; stir well. Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture; stir well.
- Knead the dough. Use a mixer with a dough attachment or knead on a floured surface until smooth and easily stretched. Oil the bottom and sides of a bowl and lay the dough inside. Loosely cover the bowl with a dish towel or paper towel.
- Place the covered bowl on the stovetop and let the dough rise until double in size for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. Punch the dough down and divide it into 5 equal parts.
- Roll out each piece of pizza dough into a 10-inch circle or rectangular shape to prepare for pizza toppings.