Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- CKD non-dialysis
1 slice, 3/4" thick
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen whole cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree and oil in a small mixing bowl. Beat until blended.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture. Stir until just moistened, and then fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased 9" x 5" loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove pans from the oven and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on a wire rack before slicing each loaf into 10 slices.