Sour Cream Apple Bread
- CKD non-dialysis
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat 8-1/2" x 4-3/4" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Peel Granny Smith apple and cut into 1/4" pieces.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside for later use.
- At medium speed, beat granulated sugar and oil until combined.
- Beat in egg whites, applesauce and flour mixture until combined.
- Stir in sour cream and apples until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly in loaf pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack 20 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and water. Drizzle over loaf. Slice into 10 portions.