Asparagus and Cheese Crepe Rolls with Parsley(2)
- CKD non-dialysis
- 12 asparagus spears
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 bundle parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Steam the asparagus for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Puree cream cheese with parsley, lemon juice and spices, to make a green cream sauce. Season to taste. Set aside.
- To make crepes combine the flour, water, egg, egg white and 2 tablespoons melted butter; whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a pan (8 to 10-inch crepe or sauté pan). Add 1/3 cup crepe batter and turn pan to spread batter. Cook until bubbly and edges begin to brown. Turn and cook briefly on the other side. Cool on a plate. Repeat with remaining butter and batter to make 4 crepes.
- Spread crepes with cream cheese filling. Distribute the asparagus spears evenly at end of each crepe and firmly roll up into rolls.
- Wrap in foil and let cool in refrigerator for one hour. Cut chilled crepes into 3-4 pieces with a sharp knife before serving.