Asparagus Cauliflower Tortilla
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 cups asparagus, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped in bite size pieces
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup liquid low cholesterol egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place asparagus and cauliflower pieces plus 1 tablespoon water in a microwave-proof, covered dish. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes to steam until tender crisp.
Sauté the onion until golden, about 7 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute longer.
Stir in the asparagus, cauliflower, egg substitute, parsley, salt, pepper, thyme and nutmeg.
- Reduce heat and cook covered until set and browned on bottom, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a knife and invert onto a warm platter or serve directly from skillet.