Classic Eggs Benedict
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, sliced
- 3 cups water (divided use)
- 2 English muffins
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- De-mineralize the Canadian bacon by placing in 2 cups of boiling water for 5 minutes.
Remove with slotted spoon and set on top of several paper towels to absorb the moisture. Slice English muffins in half and toast them.
Cut Canadian bacon in half and place on top of each toasted muffin half.
- Combine vinegar with approximately one cup water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Break eggs one at a time and slip into the water to poach the eggs. Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are at desired doneness.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon and place on top of bacon and English muffin; cover and keep warm.
- Melt butter.
- Beat egg yolks over very light heat.
- Quickly add in melted butter, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Beat in lemon juice until thick.
- Remove from heat and pour on top of English muffins.