- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté vegetables with garlic in butter/oil mixture until crisp-tender.
Whip eggs, egg whites and milk until light and fluffy. Mix in cumin and pepper.
Pour egg mixture over sautéed vegetables.
- Reduce heat and cover for 1 to 2 minutes. Uncover and lift edges of omelet, allowing uncooked egg to run to the bottom of the pan.
- After egg is completely cooked, fold omelet over in pan.
- Divide omelet into 2 portions and serve immediately.
- Garnish with green onion and a mushroom slice.