Creamed Eggs on Toast
- CKD non-dialysis
1 cup creamed eggs+ 1 slice toast
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 thick slices white bread
- Hard boil the eggs for 12 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and cover with cool water. Peel and chop boiled eggs and set aside.
- Combine the butter and flour in a sauce pan over medium low heat. Stir constantly until well combined.
- Add the almond milk, mustard, cream cheese and pepper to butter and flour mixture. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Add the eggs to the sauce and keep over warm heat.
- Toast the bread.
- Pour the egg mixture over toast and serve.