Egg in a Hole
- CKD non-dialysis
- 1 large egg
- 1 slice white bread
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium strawberry
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter to cut the center out of the slice of bread to toast.
Spray both sides of bread and center cut-out circle with olive oil cooking spray.
Heat a medium skillet and place both pieces of the cut bread in skillet. Break egg into center “hole” of cut-out portion. Season with lemon pepper.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and flip over to cook other side. Also, flip the cut-out circle of bread to toast on each side.
- Sprinkle egg with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve egg and toasted bread with a fresh strawberry garnish.