French Toast with Cream Cheese and Applesauce Filling
- CKD non-dialysis
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons egg whites liquid, divided
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- cinnamon to taste
- Preheat a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, put 2 tablespoons of egg whites, and then add one slice of bread. Be sure to get egg only on one side of the bread. Let egg soak into bread.
- Place bread egg side down in skillet.
- Add cream cheese and applesauce to bread in the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Repeat step 2 with the other slice of bread and place it on top of the slice in the pan, egg side up
- When bottom of the first bread slice is browned, flip it over and brown the other side.
- Remove to plate and top with the syrup of your choice.