Make Ahead Pancake or Waffle Batter for a Crowd
- CKD non-dialysis
one 4" pancake or half of a 4" x 4" waffle
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- In a medium saucepan, heat milk and butter until warmed to 120-140°F.
- Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture and beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 days, adding 2 tablespoons sugar after the second day.
- For pancakes, lightly grease a griddle or skillet, heat and pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Turn pancakes when edges look dry and bubbles begin to break on the surface.
- For waffles, bake 1/2 cup batter in a hot waffle iron until steaming stops.