- CKD non-dialysis
two 4" pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine the egg whites, milk, oil and maple extract.
- Add egg mixture all at once into to the dry mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- To make 4” pancakes, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet.
- Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden. Flip the pancake when it has bubbly surface and edges are slightly dry. To keep pancakes light and fluffy, turn only once and avoid pressing with the spatula.